AMDEA’s Code of Practice
AMDEA promotes the view that product safety is of utmost importance and as such Members’ products should be amongst the safest on the market. Members will ensure that their products are designed, tested and manufactured to be compliant with the safety requirements of the markets in which their products are to be sold.
AMDEA Members often initiate changes to safety standards and are actively involved in improving product designs in order to raise consumer protection above current safety standards.
AMDEA members take the view that a responsible manufacturer will not merely comply with legislation but will strive for better and aim to offer customers the reassurance that the products that they buy are as safe as it is possible to make them.
AMDEA members are committed to:
- Ensuring that users of our appliances are safe.
- Rigorous and systematic product testing to the highest international standards
- Testing both proper and potentially improper use of products where foreseeable
- Providing clear instructions on correct usage and warnings against misuse which could prove dangerous
- Alerting consumers to any particular risk for vulnerable persons particularly children and the frail elderly
- Following and indeed exceeding statutory procedures in the event that a safety repair or other corrective action becomes necessary
- Striving to identify and contact owners of specific models that might require attention
- Engaging the maintenance and supply chain to assist in identifying and contacting owners of potentially faulty models
- Minimising both risk and inconvenience by offering speedy repairs in-home where possible and/or appropriate
- Publicising the safety benefits of registering an appliance and keeping contact details up-to-date
- Respecting the principles of consumer data protection law and the purpose for which information is provided.